Wednesday 1 May 2013

Posted by Sibon Phiri on 03:33 1 comment

While I was watching a programme on TV about how women compare themselves to other women a lot, something was said that opened my eyes and helped me to realise something.

When we compare ourselves to others, we are making an unfair comparison because we are comparing our inside to their outside. We are dwelling too much on our insecurities, complexes, shortcomings, imperfections etc and weighing against the way the other person dresses, walks, talks and looks! But we don’t REALLY know how they are inside, if they really have it all together, if they truly have the confidence they claim to have, the boldness they are flaunting etc. Behind the smile, make up and poise could be a lot of sadness, bitterness and inner turmoil.

I have come to learn that comparing myself to others is a fools game. I am just devaluing who I am and even despising the way God created me. I have learned to love myself and work on the things I don’t like about me to become a better woman. It’s our differences that make us unique and beautiful.

1 comments:

  1. Wow, what a truthful realization. Thanks for the post. Indeed all we see is the outside as others also only see our outside, the inside is hidden and as you said, instead of focusing on our shortcomings, we should rather focus on how to improve ourselves. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete