Tuesday 4 June 2013

Posted by Sibon Phiri on 08:13 No comments
After writing my previous blog ‘How far would you go to be beautiful? I have decided to do a series of what it really means to be beautiful. A few of my friends will also be sharing their personal experiences on how far they went to feel ‘beautiful’ because of certain insecurities they had about themselves, and what their perception of true beauty is today. 

First, let’s start with Liza (picture below), from Chicago, who I had met in Israel in January 2012.

"Hello friends, Well I would like to share with you a little bit of how I use to see beauty, before really knowing the real beauty. Since I was a teen, I had so many complexes and in my early 20's the story didn't change. Those complexes grew even more. One of them that really used to put me down was my nose, especially because people would always make jokes and also call me names like ‘big nose’ and other things. I hated my nose so much that I went to the point of thinking of getting a nose job. I started looking for a good surgeon to get it done. Finally I went to see a surgeon that I was referred to and he took pictures of my nose and even showed me a after picture of how my nose would look. I was so astonished with the results that I wanted to get the nose job done the next day I didn't care how much the surgery would cost. I didn't care about the side effects. I just wanted to get a beautiful nose that's all; especially after seeing the after pictures. During this time, I started attending the UCKG Helpcenter and arrived there with so many problems, complexes, anxieties and depression. It wasn't easy in the beginning, but little by little, I started overcoming all those fears and complexes, especially about my nose. I started learning what real beauty was and I learned that God made me exactly the way I am for a reason. I should not change anything that He made, because He makes everything perfect. Today I can honestly say I am happy with who I am. I am happily married and I don't feel bad about my nose or dislike it in any way because I have learned that real beauty comes from inside, and if your interior is beautiful it will reflect on the outside."

Kisses Liza 

0 comments:

Post a Comment