Tuesday 24 September 2013

Posted by Sibon Phiri on 07:50 No comments

The Love School Event, what can I say? It was better than I expected. It was totally awesome. It was well organised, it didn't take long for us to get to our seat (considering there were over 11,000 people there); the entertainment which was like an X Factor style singing contest got the crowd going; the surprise marriage proposal from a young gentleman who attended with his girlfriend was so sweet and the practical teachings, advice and tips were on point and eye opening. To top it all off I was surrounded by lovely and down to earth people which made it a great atmosphere. My friends and I enjoyed it. It was definitely worth the money and 3 hour drive. 

What did I learn? Soooo much! If you weren't there you really did miss out because we learned things that will change relationships and peoples lives as a whole. One thing I will share is how important it is to be happy within yourself first because you can't give to others what you don't have yourself. I'm sure you're all aware of the Bible's commandment "love your neighbour as you know yourself." 

Notice the word "AS", which indicates that the way we treat ourselves is shown in the way we treat others. If you don't know how to love, you can't give it. I will write more about more about this in my next post as it's something I learned a while ago and when I put t into practice, it changed the way I looked at myself and my relationships with people.

My friends and I outside Wembley Arena, before the Love School started


The marriage proposal



0 comments:

Post a Comment