Friday 27 September 2013

Posted by Sibon Phiri on 18:57 No comments


Over the years I have made so many different friends. Friends from school, college, university, church, work, my neighbourhood and those I met on online. When I look back to my school days there are only 2 friends that I am still close to. The rest I hardly see and when I do it's a simple; "Hi, how are you?” Then on our way we go. With age and going in different paths, we have grown apart. It's a shame really because with some, I really thought we'd be “bredrins 4 life.” 

When I came across the quote above, certain friends immediately came to my mind. I have friends I don't see that much because they live in another city, work abroad or have busy schedules but despite the distance and our personal lives we are still close. When we get together we have so much to share and talk about. 

I have a friend that I can spend 2 hours talking over the phone or via Skype to without our conversations running dry because we're never short of things to say. I have 4 friends in particular that I love to visit and when I do, I never leave at the time I planned. I end up staying there for a few extra hours and leave late because the company is so good I don't want to leave. 

 I value the true friends I have because despite our personal battles and busy lives, we still make time to contact each other, know what is going on in each other lives and support one another through difficult moments.

0 comments:

Post a Comment