Saturday 16 November 2013

Posted by Sibon Phiri on 16:33 No comments


This article is aimed more at women but men can benefit from it to! While I was on my lunch break yesterday, I was reading a health and beauty magazine and there were several articles talking about the importance of us women having “me time”. 

We women, are great at raising our kids, running our homes and holding down jobs and even our own businesses but when it comes to finding time for ourselves, we are not so good at that. We even feel “guilty” for taking a break and letting our “hair down”. The article was backed up by expert advice from psychologists and doctors who were explaining how essential it is to have time for ourselves because it is good for our health, emotional well-being and helps improves the relationships with our family, friends and work colleagues.

It has been proven that when make time for ourselves, we are more relaxed, happier, kinder and more productive in our work. The most popular “me time” moments are: Going for a walk, relaxing in the bath, going to the gym, spending time with friends, having a massage or going to the spa, spending time in the garden, getting a hair cut and watching TV.

I confess that not making as much time as should for myself (and even my friends) is a bad habit and fighting to change. I don’t make time for myself, because I am always busy busy busy, with work, studying or voluntary work I do! It is not wrong to be busy because it keeps our minds stimulated but we have to have balance and that is what I am learning. 

The article shared lots of different ways to invest in ourselves and how to implement them in our daily life, no matter how busy we are. I will be doing them and also sharing them with you all, for you do try yourself. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment