Friday 25 October 2013

Posted by Sibon Phiri on 16:15 No comments

I was in town with my sister today and she approached a homeless man. She wanted to help him but he was not willing to listen to her. Even when she offered to buy him a hot drink because it was quite cold he refused. He kept complaining that no one helps him and can help him. She even asked him to speak to me because I was once in his position; yes I was once homeless, so I was able to indentify with his situation, but he didn't want to hear. A few hours later I saw him still begging in the same area. 

Some people are so used to their situation that when someone comes along with an opportunity to better their situation they are quick to decline the help being offered. Even when they are at the 'bottom of the pit', some still insist that they don't need help. I understand that some people have been disappointed by false hope and failures that now they are reluctant to trust again but unless they change their mentality and try a new approach, they will continue to be STUCK in the miserable life they are in.

I was once like this man, very stubborn and proud to accept help from others when I truly needed it. I continued living a very bitter and miserable life until I humbled myself and realised I needed help to change the situation I was facing. I thank God for those who were patient with me and didn't give up on me, even when I had given up on myself.

 Maybe you are being presented with opportunities that will change your life, better your situation and lead you to progress further, but you are you are being too proud, stubborn or fearful. Don't be like this. GET UNSTUCK and grab the opportunities with both hands.

www.uckg.org

0 comments:

Post a Comment