Monday 23 April 2012

Posted by Sibon Phiri on 16:20 No comments
I have grown into a person who likes to speak and participate in conversations and discussions. I find it uncomfortable to just sit there in silence and say absolutely nothing if I know deep inside I have something to say. I have noticed in the past few weeks I have been testifying every week of what God Has been doing in my life. New experiences and seeing His provision and power through the manifestation of my faith has brought me to the front of the Altar to share with others in my church.

On Friday when the Pastor asked who has a testimony to share, I found myself in two minds of whether to speak because I had previously spoke three times that week. "You always have something to say, give it a rest will you, let someone else speak", were words flooding my head. I resisted for a while until I felt uncomfortable knowing I had something to say which could help someone. I rememberd the verse in the Bible where the Pharisees were complaining because the disciples were praising God very loudly and they asked Jesus to rebuke them. He replied, "I tell you that if these should keep silent, the stones would immediately cry out" Luke 19:40

 From this experience I saw that if I don't share the good things God is doing my life someone else will for sure and I will be the one losing out on the opportunity for God to use me to encourage someone through my testimony. The only one who does not want us to testify of the greatness of God is the devil, and he is the one behind the oppressive and negative thoughts. We should not keep our mouths shut if an idea we have is really good, a story to tell is inspiring. The more we give, the more we recieve :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment